We broadcast messages through live-events. We create handshakes, conversations, and results. Each year our genuine programming results in more than 1 billion media impressions for craft brands and family farmers.
Our Mission IS SIMPLE
To further the conversation of craft, handmade and honest on dinner tables across the world. To educate influencers and consumers on the premium lifestyle, ultimately making them a better, more knowledgeable teacher. To sustain small business owners who steward responsible choices and create products with purpose and passion. We are a team about preservation, education and persistence. A movement in good food.
What We've Achieved
- 2002 - 2008 - Hosted monthly wine and cheese educational seminars with partners like Whole Foods, Viking Culinary Art Centers, and top name beverage producers.
- 2009 - Created Cochon 555 from scratch, first event was part of a month long series to raise money for farmers going to Terra Madre.
- 2010 - Stretched across the United States with the first culinary tour promoting cooking of whole heritage breed pigs. The goal, to get everyone to say three little words "heritage breed pigs" through conversation and events. Heritage Fire was also in the second year in Napa Valley.
- 2011 - Cochon 555 announces Grand Cochon at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. The goal, create a movement around "Whole Animal Utilization" in the media.
- 2012 - The Tour has expanded to include Heritage BBQ, Epic Cochon and All-Star Cochon. The goal, to build awareness around the various species of heritage pigs on pasture. Teams up with James Beard Foundation as a beneficiary of Chefs Course.
- 2013 - Tour expands to include Dinner Series, and Chefs Course - a national directory of restaurants and retailers. The goal, to listen to the challenges of farming and create a solution.
- 2014 - Tour Kicks off the biggest year yet. The goal was to refocus media appeal for heritage pigs not as a trend, but as a choice to eat safer, honest food from real farmers. Taste Network also teams up with DOCa Rioja to host the first sold-out Tapas Festival in NYC benefitting the James Beard Foundation.
- 2015 - Cochon goes International by heading to Toronto Food & Wine Festival. Piggy Bank, a new project will also launch. I turn 40.